Wednesday 3 November 2010

Wake Up

I woke up to the pitter and patter of rain drops;
So Similar that I could tell them apart.
The first drop loud enough to be considered a pitter yet soft enough to allow the patter to take over without drowning the next pitter.
Before I could get over the sound of the first drop,
the second would announce its arrival in such a way that I would expect to hear the first again.
Lightening and thunder would brake the wet air, cutting it dry, yet still the pitter and patter would persist, gently.
And as it continued to fall i rose,
with each awakening playfully exchanging like the pitter and patter,
till the sound was loud enough for me to smell and the wetness moist enough to see and with sight, suddenly, I was wide awake, too aware to appreciate.
I knew exactly what was going on....It was just a little rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment